Drifting through fast rapid river rafting in Zanskar Must Enjoy
River rafting in Zanskar is fully unlike anyplace other in the world. It gives the best possibility to enjoy and endure the tangible attraction of the spectacular scenery with deep canyons, overlooking snowcapped peaks, hilltop monasteries, hillside villages, and looks of the unique wildlife. Reputed as the identity of the ravishing areas in the Himalayas, Zanskar Valley is satisfied with nature’s few resources of snow-clad summits, icebergs to its captivating valleys with the Zanskar River crossing right beside it. Zanskar river rafting excursion also allows one with interesting moments of battling its rough waters through magnificent rafting gatherings.
Exciting adventure in Zanskar:
The scenes from Leh to the origin point of the rafting place in Remala hold any dramatic landscape laden with excellent approaches and villages as well as some grand monasteries that add to the overall exposure. Perched at 12,000ft, rafting practitioner can backlash against stimulating rapids and experience an unwinding activity on the elevations of the Zanskar River. This thrilling experience is improved by the breathtaking scenes that collectively make for one of the various memorable tours.
Rapids in Zanskar:
The whitewater Indus has rapids repeatedly of I and II grades and at amazing spots, has grade III to even V rapids. The famous rafting spots are from Phey to Nimo and more from Upshi to Kharu or from Upshi to Nimo. The separate events continue from Phey to Saspol or Phey to the Indus – Zanskar convergence at Nimo and of Nimo to the numerous quiet enclave of Alchi, about 75 Kms west of Leh.
Expert rafters may also demand to try the more difficult route within Alchi and Khaltsey. It makes in the kilometre famous series of rapids at Nurla. Natural runs recommend the idea within Hemis located near a road crossing the Indus and Choglamsar, which is a three-hour tour that works in quiet, peaceful waters, and goes in the riverside villages of Stakna, Shey and Thiksey before finishing at Choglamsar, very small of Leh city.
The trip takes you under exceptionally desolates and remote Zanskar valley with challenges starting a few thousand feet from the river bottom. The trip finishes at powerful Indus river. This combined with tours and holidays to several convents in the Zanskar and Ladakh area makes this an exciting trip to the last actually lost the area of our shrinking planet. This run into level III-IV rapids changes the reality of moving down this otherwise untrekkable canyon.
- Wear a special flotation device and a life jacket
- Make sure to wear a suitable outfit for the day. Always you should wear a comfortable dress during the adventure activities.
- Stay in the boat
- Should pay regard to your guide during the safety speech and on the water.
(1) Plan your trip and book your ticket in advance as it is usually packed.
(2) Reach before the arrival time so that you have very less waiting time.
(3) Wear comfortable clothes during your rafting and don’t carry anything with you. And also don’t wear any piece of jewellery, watches, specs, etc from your body. All pockets should be empty.
(4) If you have epilepsy, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart condition, a neurological disorder, or pregnant is advised that you don’t attempt the rafting.
The journey to this spot itself is full of the venture with attentive hairpin curves, landslides, no tar road at few places, no road fence – one wrong move by the driver, you will be all the action down in the Zanskar river. The best idea is you can lead in the backside of the jeep.